Assistant Accountant – Cheltenham
Competitive Salary – Immediate Start Available
A hugely successful ecommerce software company with a smart, vibrant working environment are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
The successful candidate will be an AAT qualified or part-qualified professional who can work effectively and flexibly to cover the cycle from transaction entry through to month- end close routines, reconciliation and preparation of monthly management accounts schedules.
Key Responsibilities: –
- Responsible for the calculation of month-end customer billing for 300+ customers
- Month end close routing including revenue and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance and input of all transaction data – sales invoicing, purchase ledger, payments, accrual, prepayment journals etc.
- Payroll & PAYE administration
- VAT return preparation (quarterly) and other HMRC related administration
- Cash-flow forecasting
- Contract administration
- Preparation of the annual audit file and liaison with Auditors
- Introduction of new processes and systems such as payroll and a digital expense management app
- Assisting the Finance Manager with ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- Supporting the Credit Controller
Key Skills & Experience: –
- Demonstrates an ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines
- A people person who is comfortable working alongside team members both in and outside Finance
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to produce concise revenue and cost analysis
- Demonstrates initiative
- Multi-currency accounting experience and knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts is desirable
If you require any further information please contact Mike Goode on 01452 429 903.
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.