Data Development Manager – 6 Month FTC – Gloucester
A hands-on role to lead and manage the development, testing and implementation of new capability for our clients Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence databases and information solutions.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering strategic and ad hoc changes to ensure high quality and on-time outputs as well as taking responsibility for teams and projects as required.
You will also be required to ensure the on-going availability of the data warehouse and business intelligence capability through providing appropriate levels of operational support.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of data warehouse and business intelligence database solutions to an agreed programme of work
- Lead and champion the on-going improvement of data capability to achieve production efficiencies and reduce risk, for example moving to an end-to-end development approach which brings data warehouse and business intelligence development closer together
- Develop standards, procedures and controls which ensure an efficient and robust development lifecycle
- Provide third line support for the operational data platform and the resolution of issues; develop effective documentation and controls to ensure the operational function is as resilient as possible
- Work closely with Data and Analytics, Business Solutions, stakeholders and suppliers to ensure robust, performing and maintainable solutions
- Manage the planning and prioritisation of individual and team deliverables; assist with wider scheduling of deliverables to ensure that all elements of end-to-end delivery are aligned
- Lead, coach and inspire a team to ensure development delivers value to the business. Work to build a cohesive team of people working to the strategic vision which includes the implementation of a new UKGI system
- Provide input to companyl data strategy and continue to keep abreast with best industry standards that are relevant and scalable to the business
- Lead continuous improvement and benefits realisation reviews to drive up the quality of data development
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Highly experienced in developing database solutions, extract, transform and load routines using SQL Server 2008 or later; SSRS, SSIS
- Dimensional and Relational Design Experience for enterprise scale application databases
- Experience of Business Intelligence tools and their practical application (Cognos, Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau, QlikView or similar)
- Experience of development and change control environments; MS Sourcesafe; waterfall & agile
- Experience of working in a pressured and complex environment requiring prioritisation of workloads and negotiation of delivery timescales; solution driven
- A strong team leader who can enthuse teams to meet and exceed expectations on technical projects in a complex change environment
- Demonstrable ability to acquire understanding of new technologies and translate requirements to action
- Great team player with experience of working transversally; pro-active and self-starter with ability to manage own workload
- Confident and influential communicator at all levels: good verbal, written, and presentation skills; proactively build successful internal and external relationships
- Customer focused and excellent understanding of the value of data and what it means to be data-driven
- Excellent working knowledge of data protection legislation and its practical application
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.