Finance Administrator (Part Time) – Cheltenham
Salary – £17500 – £19500
Leading local charity based in central Cheltenham is looking for an experienced Finance Administrator, with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
Reporting directly to the Financial Director, you will be required to work on your own initiative and take full responsibility for all aspects of, monthly payroll, sales ledger, credit control, banking, reconciliations and contract and donor correspondence as detailed below. You will also be required to assist with purchase ledger, ordering and other areas of finance work as required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- New Starter set ups
- Data inputting of monthly timesheets
- Administration of sickness and leavers
- Pension administration and uploads for the scheme provider
- Issue payslips
- BACS uploads for salaries and HMRC
- Maintenance of an up to date accounting system
- Weekly and monthly reconciliations including bank reconciliations and cashflow statements
- Sales ledger invoicing and credit control
- Donor administration including sending thank you letters
- Contract administration – maintaining an up to date file of contracts and reporting back to funders
- Cashier Duties, including banking
- Maintaining efficient filing systems
- Support with year-end audit requirements
- Dealing with ad- hoc administration tasks as required
- Working knowledge of MS Excel is essential
- Experience in Payroll / finance administration is essential
- Knowledge of Sage accounts would be advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to act on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work within tight deadlines
- Hard working and punctual
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.