Award winning UK Top 40 firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers are looking to expand their team further.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering services for a diverse portfolio of corporate clients (turnover of up to £60m), predominantly owner-managed businesses, within a variety of industry sectors including charities and academies.
- Audit planning and control of fieldwork for a client portfolio across a variety of industry sectors through to completion.
- Deliver high quality, fully compliant financial statements and other ‘shop window’ documents.
- Close liaison with the tax department and the ability to deal with corporation tax computations and the issues faced by owner-managed clients.
- Identify areas of risk within clients’ business and define the appropriate audit approach.
- Review work of Team members to ensure audit objectives have been met.
- Assist in the management, motivation, mentoring and development of the trainees within the team
- Assist partners and directors in ad hoc project work.
- Deliver all work within the predetermined timetable and agreed budget.
- Create strong relationships across client portfolio, becoming trusted advisor on all technical and commercial issues.
- Use in-depth knowledge of clients to anticipate and address challenging, complex and interesting issues.
- Continual review and appraisal of internal working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made.
Skills & Qualifications:-
- ACA/ACCA Part qualified with a good level of audit and accounting experience.
- Aspirational person to work in a friendly, motivated team.
- Confident self starter.
- Up to date technical knowledge (UK GAAP (existing and new), IFRS, International Auditing Standards, Companies Act legislation).
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word & Excel (experience of paperless auditing software and accounts production software beneficial).
- Strong project management skills, ensuring multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget.
- Strong team worker.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including report writing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Business development skills including being able to identify further fee opportunities.
- Team and peer leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and develop Team members to achieve their potential.
- Good delegation skills.
- Empathy and ability to deal with individuals at all levels and from all backgrounds.
- Competitive holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Flexi-working policy
- Group Personal Pension scheme with employer contributions up to 4% of gross salary
- Christmas and Summer parties
- Regular charity events
- Leisure and entertainment discounts
If you require any further information please contact Mike on 01452 429903
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
GB Solutions – Independent Recruitment Specialists acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a free and confidential service to candidates.
For 16 years GB Solutions has provided an unrivalled service whilst developing a team of specialist consultants providing permanent, contract and temporary staff across a vast number of industries. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards.