Part time Credit Controller – Cheltenham – 22,000pa – £24,000pa pro rata
Award winning global manufacturing business is looking to recruit a Part Time Credit Controller
With previous relevant experience the successful applicant will use problem solving techniques
to proactively maintain a low level of overdue debt and contribute towards system improvements.
Manage the credit accounts of our customers in line with the company’s credit policy; to keep customers within their agreed terms and escalating where further action is required.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to those stated)
- Processing new account applications, assessing creditworthiness with credit reference Agency, setting of credit limits and payment terms
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers to collect overdue payments, manage their payment options and finding appropriate resolutions to their account queries
- Review credit limits in line with changing risk and/or payment history and releasing, where relevant, customer orders and accounts on holds
- Reconciling customer accounts by regularly allocating payments to reduce unallocated cash
- Maintaining up to date account notes and recording communications with customers
- Understand, analyse and report on the overall credit risk of their ledger
- Sending of copy invoices, proofs of delivery, statements, reminder letters and final demands
- Taking payments via credit card over the phone
- liaise with internal staff to help resolve customer queries, monitoring the dispute to ensure it is followed through to a resolution in a timely manner
Skills and experience:
- Basic understanding of accounts
- Strong sales ledger and credit control experience in a commercial environment
- Must demonstrate initiative and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word
- Understand what contributes to credit risk
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent telephone manner
- Possess a rational and logical approach
Part time working 20 hours across 4 or 5 days
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.