Senior Extract Engineer/SQL Engineer – Cirencester
GB Technology is currently looking to recruit a SQL Engineer to join a vibrant Marketing Agency in Cirencester. You will be responsible for ensuring that operational client database extracts are performed to brief, are accurate and are delivered on time. Ensure that ways of working, data quality and data protection procedures are adhered to at all times.
This is an exciting and varied role that involves using SQL for extraction of data from a B2B Marketing Database. It will give the opportunity to the right candidate to bring in new ideas and be part of an evolving team as the company are currently going through some exciting changes.
Use of a data visualisation tool such as FastStats or similar would be a huge advantage. The successful applicant must be happy to work on different jobs simultaneously and also have the ability to build relationships with both client & third party contacts. Great communication is a very important part of this role. The data extraction brief requirements are usually complex. The challenge of the role is the complexity around the B2B data.
The ideal applicant would be someone who has a sound knowledge and understanding of SQL and previous use of a data visualisation tool, alongside great communication skills due to the client interaction required as part of this role. A knowledge of B2B Marketing/Databases would be an advantage but not essential. While existing SQL skills would be preferable, if the candidate has experience of a data visualisation tool then the amount of SQL knowledge required is limited due to extensive use of templates. The job would be ideal for someone looking to further their technical career in a dynamic and progressive marketing agency, this role will also give the successful applicant the chance to work on a great, fast moving, long established client.
- Assessing client database briefs, raising queries on them, and estimating time to complete brief
- Writing advanced SQL code to deliver extracts/counts/reports from own client database
- Escalating issues to Operations Delivery Manager/Team Leader Projects
- Undertaking data quality checking of your own and others work
- Liaison with Client
- Use of a data visualisation tool
- Completing adhoc data queries
- Data Protection
- FastStats User or similar (e.g. Smart Marketer)
- Ability to understand and interpret highly complex briefs and complex data structures
- Competent SQL / MySQL skills
- Understand relational database concepts
- Checking data output and SQL scripts against briefs
- Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Contributory pension scheme
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to a confidential advice service
- Free car parking
- Life cover (death in service)
- Staff Socials
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Give as you earn scheme