1st Line IT Engineer
If you’re looking for a role that will challenge you, let your ambition soar and give you that step up you need, then look no further. Our Cheltenham based client, who are leading the way in their field, have the need for a 1st Line IT Engineer.
This is an exciting opportunity which will involve the successful 1st Line IT Engineer working in a highly varied technical environment. You will develop your technical and customer facing skills, whilst learning new processes and systems.
- Be the point of contact for all customers
- Provide technical support on queries received by phone or by email
- Ensure accurate data input of customer ticket information
- Maintain end to end ownership of incidents
- Monitor and complete the ticket call queue
- Fulfil service requests to guarantee consistency and quality of service
- Escalate calls when additional or higher-level support is needed
- Be an active and engaged team member, focussing on workflow efficiency and completion
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service
- Efficient time management skills
- Be a strong team player
- Can work alone at times
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible, with a positive attitude
- Ability to problem solve
- Knowledge and passion for IT
- Previous exposure to a customer service or service desk environment (desirable)
- CompTIA A+ (desirable)
If you require any further information please contact Joe Lyons on 01452 429908
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.