2nd Line IT Support
£22,500 – £26,500 PA
6 month FTC
Our friendly client based in Chepstow are seeking a 2nd Line IT Support professional, to join them on a 6-month-fixed-term-contract. They’re looking for someone who is keen to implement reliable and appropriate IT systems and processes for this eco-friendly business.
The appointed 2nd Line IT Support will be required to help the company deliver on its business goals. The 2nd Line IT Support professional will act as the first point of call for IT and telecoms queries, responding to various requests regarding technical issues.
- Provide hardware and software support
- Basic Windows administration
- Ensure continuous improvements to services by maintaining a support log
- Provide a high level of service to a busy and dedicated team
- Recognise that users will not have the same level of technical expertise and provide assistance when needed
- Monitor & filter applications
- Provide practical solutions for the wider team
- A positive, friendly, customer-focused individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge & understanding of Microsoft OS and packages (XP; Vista; Office; Outlook Exchange and Internet Explorer)
- Excellent database and IT skills including the use of SQL server, MySQL
- Office 365 deployments, using on-premises and cloud-based solutions
- MS Windows desktop operating systems
- Good understanding of Linux server systems
- Telephone systems, including VOIP
- Able to show prioritisation skills to manage a varied and changing daily workload
- Have an understanding of new and emerging technology such as open data
- Be a team player, seeking and sharing knowledge to develop the IT service
For more information on this role, or similar roles, please contact Joe Lyons – 07840 044228
GB Tech are your specialists in IT recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Helpdesk and Support, Developers, Managers and Team Leaders, and Cyber Security.
We manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.