2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
Our customer focused, IT solution orientated client is seeking a 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer on a permanent basis. You will need to be thorough, accurate and detailed with technical skills. If you feel you could deliver in this 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer role, then keep reading!
- Provide 2nd line support
- Contribute to procedure and policies and maintain current procedures and policies
- Provide excellent and effective customer service at all times
- Take ownership of support requests and ensure customers are communicated to at all times
- Provide mentoring for the 1st & other 2nd line support Engineers
- Log support tickets for all issues flagged, including 24/7 and daily checks
- Escalation of incidents to senior engineers, where appropriate
- Manage and maintain the end point monitoring platform on a daily basis
- Manage own ticket queue and work schedule in an efficient manner
- Provide coaching on technical skills and processes to other staff
- Assist on Project work as and when required
- Provide pre-sales support to existing customers
- Ensure all paper work relating to finished work is accurately completed and submitted
- Experience working in an IT support environment covering a number of different technical areas
- Good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face
- Have a formal IT qualification at entry level or above, would be advantageous
- English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft environments
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn
- Comfortable working within a team or on own initiative
- Excellent working knowledge of windows and windows office
- Backup configuration and maintenance experience
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software
- Daily system checks, servers, backups and firewalls Escalation point for incident resolution
If you require any further information please contact Joe Lyons on 01452 429908
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.