3rd Line Service Desk Engineer – Gloucester
We are currently recruiting a 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer to join our client’s dynamic IT Support team. The role is ideal for someone who is passionate about IT with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role and is looking for the next step in his/her career.
This is a fast paced and friendly environment. You will bring with you professionalism, exceptional customer service and communication skills. You will also be confident prioritising a sometimes challenging workload and be cool working under pressure.
The successful candidate would be expected to have experience in leading and deploying IT projects for small and large customer. You will be responsible for providing remote; onsite and workshop IT support to customers as well as provide solution and support service design with the assistance of Technical Architect, Technical Operations Manager and Solution Architect.
- Provide support for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd line engineers and act as an escalation point for our customers
- Provide mentoring for the 1st & 2nd and other 3rd line support Engineers
- On occasion stand-in for the Technology Operations Manager to manage the support team and Technology department responsibilities
- Provide lead engineer role to the Project Manager on 3rd line infrastructure projects
- To meet with customers and to understand the organisation strategy and work with Technical Architect and /or Solutions Architect to create IT solutions that meet those needs
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets and emails and provide senior technical support to all customers
- Work with Project Managers and ensure that all 3rd line infrastructure projects are completed within time and costs
- Correctly log and update tickets with the required information relating to support requests
- Complete within the allotted time scheduled small works as arranged by service desk coordinator
- Provide coaching on technical skills and processes to 2nd Line and 1st Line staff
- Provide excellent and effective customer service at all times
- Provide general administration and scheduling tasks for the service desk coordinator
- Will have over 3 years’ or more experience working in an IT support environment covering a number of different technical areas
- Experience with working on IT infrastructure projects where responsible for planning, installation and documentation
- English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent.
- Have at least 1 formal IT qualification preferred higher education or above and / or suitable IT qualification in a recognised area Cisco CCNA, MSCA, MSCE, etc…
- Will have experience in troubleshooting Microsoft environments
- Will have a full UK driving license
- Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Excellent working knowledge of windows 7/8/10
- Excellent working knowledge of Office 2003/2010/2013/2016/365
- Exchange server 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/365 implementation experience
- Good working knowledge of major networking components, to include networking operating systems, basic configuration and maintenance, switches, router and firewalls
- Backup configuration and maintenance experience
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software
- Daily system checks to include servers, backups and firewalls
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.