Account Director – (Marketing Agency)
Competitive salary plus car allowance & excellent benefits package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Account Director to join a thriving Marketing Agency. The successful applicant needs to be both authoritative and knowledgeable of the clients’ business and strategy and the market sector.
This role entails working with various Clients, focussing on overseeing the development and delivery of eDM, data & digital projects.
With support of the Client Partner, the Account Director is responsible and accountable for the profitability, growth and direction of the account under their control. It is the Account Director’s responsibility to drive results and excellent quality of work produced by the account team.
Duties of Account Director:
- Work with the CP on the growth and development of the account and the client business
- Highlight to CP any planning opportunities within the client business to develop and grow
- Deliver a comprehensive understanding of the clients’ business, industry, competitors and actively apply this knowledge
- Work with the CP on the quality of proposition and creative development
- Manage the team effectively to deliver the highest quality agency response
- Quality check projects at key sign off stages
- Continual improvement of the quality of work by being proactive in introducing new innovations (e.g. creative, social, media)
- Co-ordinate and manage the key agency personnel and resources in order to respond to client’s strategic and project needs
Skills/Requirements of Account Director:
- Strong selling capabilities, with an ability to grow existing business
- A background in DM / integrated agencies would be beneficial
- Confident briefer when it comes to design and solutions
- Evidence of leading a large client account previously would be advantageous
- Relevant marketing qualification/degree, or relevant work experience
- Full understanding of data including planning, analysis, selections, briefing and testing
- Experience of writing creative/design briefs/developing strategic plans etc
- The ability to manage and motivate
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of forecasting, budgeting and costings
- Accomplished in working in partnership with creatives and developers
- A solid understanding of data driven CRM
- 25 days holiday
- Birthday Day
- Christmas shutdown
- Drinks fridge Friday
- 5% Employer and employee Pension scheme
If you require any further information please contact Georgia Bradley on 01452 429904
GB Marketing is your specialist in Marketing and Agency recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including PR, Ecommerce, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Creative Marketing and more.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage marketing jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.