Cheltenham (and Malvern offices)
£21,000 – £25,000 + parking +study
Privately owned business operating in the construction sector is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their finance team on a full-time basis. The Accounts Assistant role will be based in the heart of Cheltenham, with parking and attractive offices, and will involve a variety of duties within the accounts team. The successful Accounts Assistant will be offered further qualifications and progression, with a clear career and salary path agreed from the beginning of your employment. The role has the potential to offer promotion very quickly, ensuring the Accounts Assistant will have the opportunity to shape the department and bring in ideas.
You will be required to work in both the Cheltenham and Malvern offices, so a car and driving license is essential.
- The financial administration of all accounts and providing information as required.
- Maintain spreadsheets, providing data for production of debtors and creditors lists, income and expenditure.
- Monthly reconciliations of bank accounts with analyst of payments and receipts.
- Compile end of year accounts.
- Processing and paying supplier invoices.
- Day to day banking, checking statements and balances and reporting back.
- Monthly CIS returns and quarterly VAT returns.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Career driven and looking for progression, study support available