Accounts Associate – Cheltenham
Salary – £22,000 to £28,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications). Study support available.
Leading international business services organisation is looking for an ACA / ACCA / AAT Part Qualified Accountant with accounts preparation experience to join their growing team.
- Preparation and review of UK statutory financial statements in accordance with the applicable UK financial reporting framework and standards (i.e. FRS 102)
- Demonstrable understanding, technical knowledge and application of FRS 102 for US owned UK entities
- Review financial statements, provide feedback on local statutory adjustments, provide technical support and contribute to the continued development of more junior team members and colleagues
- Plan, schedule and coordinate UK audit work and assist with all audit queries coordinating with both internal accounting teams and drafting clear, concise and accurate emails for clients
- Ensuring delivering of all UK compliance work inside deadlines, with minimal Compliance Supervisor input
- Supporting UK company secretarial services such as the preparation and filing of annual
- Confirmation Statements, PSC Registers, director appointment and terminations, changes to registered office addresses etc. with Companies House
- Support the Compliance Supervisor on assigned tasks and clients; drafting responses to client queries, dealing with ad hoc queries and using initiative in different situations
- Escalating any issues or concerns to the UK Compliance Supervisor/Manager as appropriate
- Opportunity may exist to assist with compliance work for international clients also, on an ad-hoc basis as necessary
- Previous experience in UK statutory financial preparation, review and/or audit, gained within public practice, preferably within a business solutions or audit environment
- Part qualified (ACA/ACCA) highly desirable; ongoing study support can be provided
- Highly organised and able to deal with multiple deadlines and prioritise tasks appropriately
- Ability to deliver consistent responses and high standards first time through high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to gain trust and develop relationships quickly
- Able to share knowledge within the team and carry out research as needed
- IT skills – ability to use Microsoft office packages, in particular Excel. Experience with Caseware
- highly desirable
- An interest in the big picture around what Global Business Solutions and the wider Firm can offer
- to our clients
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.