Global market leading business is looking to recruit an Applications Engineer (electronics) to represent the business in a customer facing role.
In this technical sales role you will be working with end users, distributors, internal sales and engineering to provide system designs and quotes for new systems. You will also be assisting with pre-sales technical support for both end-user and reseller partners.
The Applications Engineer will have experience in a technical or integration role with a similar product or solution. You should be comfortable with operating systems, hardware, network infrastructure and database systems and ideally have experience across facility based control systems. This is an exciting opportunity which requires the ability to take ownership of a technical project and see this through to delivery, working with multi-functional teams, end users and resellers across all types of businesses from SMEs to mutlinationals in the private and public sectors.
Key responsibilities for Applications Engineer:
• Work closely with the regional sales team to provide and coordinate pre-sales technical support throughout the entire sales cycle.
• Acting as the subject matter expert for the region supporting Sales, and Channel partners
• Configure and lead demonstration of products and solutions to current and prospective customers, as the lead technical resource
• Manage End User Pilots, and Proof of Concept projects
• Attend industry trade shows, participate in industry workgroups, lunch and learns
• Assist sales with technical responses and content for proposals in response to RFPs, RFI’s & RFQs
• Craft and deliver quotations, proposals, requirements documentation, and Architecture & Integration designs based on customer requirements
• Work closely with Product Management, Marketing, and Customer Support by providing feedback on potential product enhancements and market demands, as well as competitive direction
The Ideal candidate will have::
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to customers including technical and non-technical personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are highly desired.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Hands on Experience with Workstation and Server Operating systems, Computer Networking, and SQL Server is helpful in this role.
- Technical degree preferably in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Benefits in addition to a competitive salary Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program
There will be frequent international and UK travel as part of the Applications Engineer role and you must hold a full driving licence.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
GB Commerce is your specialist in Commerce recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Procurement, Supply Chain, Contracts, Compliance and Property.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Stroud, The Forest of Dean, Tewkesbury and Worcester.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.