Area Customer Care Manager – South West region
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Area Customer Care Manager to join one of our key construction clients covering the South West region. You will be responsible for managing the customer care operation and delivering the company’s commitment to customers by providing a high quality and prompt service.
- Visit customer properties to assess the work required and manage rectification
- Conduct a quarterly quality audit on each designated site and complete necessary reports / documentation
- Conduct final inspection visits on build completion and identify priority by liaising with site managers
- Carry out inspection of all stock units over three months old and prior to legal completion
- Ensure that all reported defects are managed cost effectively, timely and a professional manner
- Monitor work through to completion
- Prepare monthly plans with Customer Care Technicians and agree job priorities.
- Liaise with purchaser on all occasions as appropriate
- Report any problems or incomplete work to the Regional Customer Care Director immediately.
- Ensure that the company carries out its obligations to the NHBC
- Attendance at NHBC resolutions meetings where appropriate and take necessary actions as appropriate
- Operate within departmental budgets
- Ensure relevant teams / departments manage their resources effectively, including the use of materials and sub-contractors
Health and Safety Training
- Ensure compliance to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
- Attendance on relevant training courses when required
- Conduct regular staff meetings, monitor staff performance carry out coaching and training where necessary
- Conduct annual Performance Planning and Review with Technicians
- Review staff training activities
- Monitor and record staff holidays and absenteeism
- Identify needs for additional staffing and recruit accordingly
- Educated to a GCSE/ GCE standard in Maths & English or NVQ Level 3 & 4 in customer services
- BTEC diploma in Building Construction or a NVQ Level 2 or similar
- City & Guilds in relevant trade
- Valid CSCS card
- Previous experience working as a Customer Care Technician or Site Manager
- Detailer understanding or NHBC Customer handover requirements
Qualities & Essential Skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to handle complaints and difficult situations
Experience/skills required for the role:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A detailed understanding of NHBC customer handover requirements
- Ability and resilience to manage difficult situations
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.