£23,000 – £28,000
A privately-owned business operating in the construction sector is looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team on a full-time basis.
The Assistant Accountant will be based in the heart of Cheltenham, with parking and attractive offices, and will involve a variety of duties within the accounts team.
The successful Assistant Accountant will be offered further qualifications and progression, with a clear career and salary path agreed upon from the beginning of employment. The role has the potential to offer promotion very quickly, ensuring the Assistant Accountant will have the opportunity to shape the department and bring in ideas.
- Financial administration of all accounts and provide information as required
- Maintain spreadsheets, provide data for production of debtors and creditors, income and expenditure
- Monthly reconciliations of bank accounts with analysts of payments and receipts
- Compile end-of-year accounts
- Process and pay supplier invoices
- Day-to-day banking, checking statements and balances, and reports
- Monthly CIS returns and quarterly VAT returns
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
- Solid experience of CIS returns (essential)
- End of year accounts experience (essential)
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Career driven and looking for progression, study support available
GB Finance is your specialist in Accountancy and Financial Services recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance & Risk, Investment & Wealth, and Accounting & Finance.
Based on the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham, and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim, and fixed-term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.