Our client, a young organisation specialising in outsourced finance solutions, is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team on a full-time basis. The successful Assistant Accountant will mostly be based at home however will also be expected to meet locally with the team weekly. The Assistant Accountant will report to the Finance Manager and be responsible for inputting and processing invoices. Client and supplier contact will be required so a confident phone manner and good communication skills are essential.
Ideally, the Assistant Accountant will already be AAT qualified, or working towards this qualification. We are looking for a team player who is ambitious and motivated, as well as adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced role. Funding for further qualifications is available, along with mentorship and fantastic career development.
The position of Assistant Accountant offers flexible working within a close-knit team. Occasionally you may be required to participate in meetings out with of core office hours, either locally or online.
- Inputting & processing invoices / data – including Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, creation of payment runs, allocation of cash receipts & payments
- Data validation
- Assisting with month end processes
- Input on process optimisation projects and supporting and advising the development team with insight and recommendations
- Statement reconciliation
- Dealing with client queries
- Updating client accounts
Assisting in financial analysis as requested
- AAT qualified, or studying towards
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Accounting data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Accounting Software e.g. Xero, Sage
- Strong IT skills and working knowledge of Excel
GB Finance is your specialist in Accountancy and Financial Services recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance & Risk, Investment & Wealth and Accounting & Finance.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.