We are working with one of the UK’s biggest e-Commerce success stories of recent times, our client has delivered consistent profitable growth and are continuing to rapidly expand. Coupled with their friendly and supportive culture this is an exciting opportunity for as Assistant Buyer to join their team.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure a continuous supply for all key products and related consumables from all UK and EU suppliers. The Assistant Buyer will be responsible for all pricing negotiations, in-time shipments, order confirmation, ensuring QA standards, supporting contract negotiations, setting retail prices and hitting margins in both the UK and European ranges.
- Reduce packaging use to increase sustainability and reduce costs, ensuring all packaging is compliant
- Monitor and maintain buying margin to hit budget
- Recommend actions if budgets are not being hit and maintained
- Ensure all paperwork and regulatory assessments arrive from suppliers on time and in full
- Work with internal colleagues to ensure correct filing
- Ensure suppliers are properly confirming orders
- Work with the Buying Admin Assistant to ensure that all the correct data is loaded on to internal systems
- Support the Buying Manager and wider Buying & Merchandising team with long-term sourcing strategies
- Apportion volume requirements to the correct suppliers to ensure commercial budgets and volume forecasts are hit
- Support merchandising colleagues to resolve any short-term changes in supply
- Previous buying experience
- Knowledge of international supply chain
- Willingness to travel (when safe to do so)
- Driving Licence
- Team Player and able to work on own initiative
- Bonus scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Recommend a friend incentive
- A monthly reward and recognition scheme
- Regular staff social events paid for by the company
- Subsidized canteen
GB Commerce is your specialist in Commerce recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Procurement, Supply Chain, Contracts, Compliance and Property.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Stroud, The Forest of Dean, Tewkesbury and Worcester.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.