Centrally based Gloucester client is looking to hire a Business Analyst to work in their project management team.
The successful applicant will have overall responsibility for the analysis of solutions for a variety of business areas, draft functional specifications and assist in the preparation of user testing and system test plans.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Establish best approach for each project, taking into consideration project timeline.
- Gather, assimilate and communicate business requirements for projects, translating these into business specifications for users and functional specifications for technical staff.
- Create documentation detailing requirements using a variety of business analysis techniques.
- Liaise with technical staff to determine system specifications and requirements.
- Analyse and document business processes and business metrics.
- Create and execute test scripts, scenarios and high quality test plans that validate initial business requirements.
- Coordinate and manage system and user testing, ensuring outputs are addressed as part of the development and release lifecycle.
- Continually report progress against milestones, status, resources requirements, issues, risks and dependencies.
- Design and deliver user training and develop user training material.
- Define, document and review business analyst processes and procedures, continually improving to meet changing business needs.
Good understanding of software development and implementation lifecycle.
- Broad awareness of e-business tools.
- Ability to analyse and specify system requirements for business processes (data, presentations and logic) and information systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, especially in translating technical information to non-technical people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate conversations.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with the ability to assimilate, analyse and evaluate large quantities of information from various sources.
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.