Business Development Executive – Cheltenham
Salary £21K – £23K + commission, pension and private healthcare
I am working with an award winning business on the M5 corridor who are looking for an passionate sales and business development professional to join their expanding team.
The company provides bespoke solutions across diverse sectors both in the UK and globally. Quality is at the core of everything they do and with this in mind you will be given first class training and an excellent support system to ensure your integration into the team and assure your continued success.
There are several divisions and ample opportunity for the right candidate to move up through the ranks and become a leader of their own team. With a turnover that exceeds £16m and a sales pipeline that is growing year on year, this is the perfect opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their career.
The successful applicant is customer focussed and is driven by the ambition to go over and above what is required:
- Develop new opportunities and markets through a combination of cold-calling, networking, following up on trade press leads and social media
- Work on enquiries from potential customers, understanding in detail their requirements and submitting quotations which optimise the opportunities for sales
- Ensure that all cross-selling opportunities within the Group are maximised and that referrals are passed between departments
- Make effective and constant use of the internal CRM system in order to track and develop opportunities effectively
- Become proficient on internal IT systems to produce quotations, designs, and other project specific information.
- Work alongside other members of the Sales Team within the Events Division to coordinate development efforts with a specific client or sector
- Report back to Business Development Manager on a weekly basis, identifying opportunities for further development and growth
- Self-motivated and have the necessary drive to succeed in the most challenging of circumstances
- Trustworthy and conscientious and ideally have experience of being able to work alone with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain successful relationships with existing customers as well as being able to develop relationships with potential customers
- Be adept at adjusting your approach depending on the opportunity and circumstances
- Possess excellent MS Office skills and adopt new technologies as they come online
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.