Business Development Manager
£44,000 + 17%-30% OTE commission + company car
North London, Milton Keynes, West Midlands, N Wales, Derby, Nottingham, Lincoln, East Coast
Our client designs a wide range of products for domestic and commercial use and are seeking a Business Development Manager to deliver the new build sales strategy of the organisation.
The Business Development Manager will be a highly motivated salesperson. Gaining specifications and conversions to increase sales revenue and profitability. The Business Development Manager will be proactive, working closely with the decision makers and building solid relationships whilst optimising sales and profit margins.
The Business Development Manager is a field-based role covering Bedfordshire, Watford, Midlands and Lincolnshire therefore the ideal candidate will be situated in one of these locations.
Sales candidates will be considered from different industry sectors as full product training will be given.
- Generating sales, increasing revenue, and building pipeline
- Build decision-making relationships with all your clients
- Build and maintain an active project pipeline using cloud reporting software, driving specification gains across all product categories
- Set product and pricing frameworks that support price integrity whilst maximising profitability
- Deliver a sales plan for the sales territory to maximise growth, prioritising strategic accounts
- Originate and track specifications through to order placed, managing pricing, profitability, and customer relations
- Provide meaningful insight to the Channel Marketing team around competitor activity, market trends, and product and price point gaps
- Using the CRM system, track projects from lead to quotation and conversion, providing demand plan input
- Inform the business of any significant changes which will affect demand – e.g. new project wins
- Manage costs and budgets in line with business expectations
- Proven external sales experience
- Meeting targets and identifying sales opportunities.
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Committed, driven and enthusiastic approach
- Competent with Microsoft Office
- Data literate
- Able to identify and prioritise key deliverables
- Outstanding communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Full driving licence is required
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay, including a RTW bonus for maternity returners
- On-site occupational health + on-site physiotherapy
- Health plan membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous sick pay scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Money purchase pension plan, with a choice of two contribution levels, and a choice of investment funds
- AVC (Additional voluntary contribution) scheme
- 1 paid day a year to volunteer for a charity or organisation of your choice
- Payroll giving scheme
- Staff sales scheme
- Career break scheme (after 5 years’ service)
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance cover to the value of three times your annual salary
- Discounted online shopping
GB Sales are your specialist recruiters in Sales and Customer Service.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Sales, Customer Service, and Business Development.
We manage Sales jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.