Business Systems Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Systems Project Manager. You will be able to plan and lead the successful delivery of a programme of high-profile and business-critical IT projects within MCS.
The role will require experience of understanding business needs and producing detailed specifications for new IT systems to support improved processes, information flows and ways of working. It will require assertiveness and an ability to form effective working relationships with external suppliers while holding them to account where necessary and ensuring that they deliver required outputs on time and within agreed budgets.
- Manage the successful implementation of business-critical IT projects
- Oversee the procurement of new services and software as required for the delivery of the projects
- Competently lead multiple work streams at the same time, prioritizing where required
- Ensure that the IT systems at MCS link effectively with one another
- Ensure that the systems are effectively handed over to the end users, with sufficient training, user notes and system documentation in place
- Ensure that IT projects are authorised by the IT Project Board prior to implementation, and that each IT project has a clearly defined scope, deliverables and success criteria
- Ensure that robust change request procedures are followed
- Produce and maintain documentation (e.g. project initiation documentation, project plans, risk registers, progress updates, etc) in a level of detail suitable to each project
- Oversee the procurement of major new services and software as necessary for the delivery of the IT projects. Manage supplier relationships to ensure delivery on budget, on time and to the agreed deliverables and quality measures
Qualifications, training and Knowledge:
- Sufficient technical knowledge to be able to understand in detail the practicalities, constraints, issues and implications of different types of technical issues or decisions that may need to be made within MCS
- A good understanding of CRM and its use within the not-for-profit sector
- Familiarity with finance systems and other relevant IT packages
- In-depth understanding of recognised best practice techniques and frameworks for project management
Qualified in project or programme management (e.g. PRINCE2, PMI, Agile)
Your consultant on this role will be Joe Lyons
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.