Clerk to Trustees (JO1007)
Clerk to Trustees
Part or Full Time
£30,000 Full time or pro rata for part time
We are partnering with an independent Cheltenham-based Charity who have an opportunity for a Clerk to Trustees to provide crucial administrative support, offering procedural expertise and legislative guidance to their Board of Trustees.
The Clerk to Trustees will deliver a professional support service, directly aiding the Chair, Trustees, and the executive team. This role guarantees the seamless and efficient conduct and reporting of board meetings and committees, encompassing all relevant administrative and governance responsibilities.
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Employee leisure membership discounts
- Staff discounts
- Manage administration and provide guidance on governance matters for Board meetings, committees, and associated working groups.
- Collaborate with committee chairs to orchestrate annual committee work plans and meeting agendas.
- Lead meeting preparation, attendance, report submission, and constitution. Accurately record minutes and action points.
- Offer advice and guidance on regulatory and statutory concerns to the executive team and Board of Trustees.
- Stay updated on relevant legislation and best practices within the charitable trust governance landscape.
- Ensure current records and formal documentation are maintained at the Charity Commission and Companies House.
- Assist in the recruitment, induction, and training of new Trustees.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to the CEO and executive team members as needed. Offer cover and assistance to the executive assistant.
- Strong ability to build and manage relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional skills in organizing and managing multiple tasks independently.
- Good understanding of effective meeting practices, governance, and decision-making principles.
- Excellent IT skills across the MS Office suite and video conferencing setups.
- Working knowledge of Data Protection/GDPR regulations and governance within the charitable sector.
We hire across a vast range of roles including HR roles, Lawyers, Solicitors, Paralegals, Legal Administrators and other office-based roles, including Administration and Office Management.
We manage HR, Legal and Office jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.