Contracts Manager (Landscape) – Worcester
Salary to £40k plus fully expensed car
One of the winners of the lockdown period has been the construction and landscaping business and our client is looking forward to a year of double digit growth. Due to internal promotion they are now looking for a Contracts Manager to oversee the delivery of landscape construction projects, with values ranging from £10k – £1million +. The successful candidate will have strong commercial capability and be required to manage employed staff, reporting directly to the Senior Contracts Manager. The works will be predominantly soft landscaping but experience of hard landscaping/minor civil works would be an advantage.
It is very much a hands on role – managing teams and being the face of the business for large corporate clients. If you have the experience and the ambition read on!
• Taking responsibility for high profile contracts ensuring work is carried out to the specified standards
• Co-ordinating labour, equipment and materials on a day to day basis to ensure efficient productivity levels are achieved
• Ensuring works are delivered on programme and to budget and communicating any changes to line management
• Carrying out site visits and liaising with the Senior Contracts Manager, site agents, and clients throughout.
• Ensuring motivation and discipline is maintained within the teams
• Ensuring the Company Health and Safety policies are rigorously adhered to
• Accurate completion of required documentation in line with company procedures.
• Previous experience in Commercial Landscape Contracting is essential. Construction industry experience will be considered, but it must be accompanied by the requisite landscaping experience
- Have an understanding of how to interpret architects drawings
• You would need to have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
• Driving Licence
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with clients, management and all other members of staff
• Hold relevant CSCS card and preferably SSSTS or SMSTS. (Suitable candidates will be given training.)
• Flexibility in approach to working hours is a pre-requisite.
For more information please contact Sue Waters 07840 044209
GB Commerce is your specialist in Commerce recruitment. We hire across a range of roles within eCommerce, Logistics, Planning, Procurement and Supply Chain.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage assignments in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Stroud, The Forest of Dean, Tewkesbury, Worcester and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.