Database Development Director – Cirencester
Salary £40,000 – £50,000
Do you want to join an exciting company supporting some of the biggest global brands with their marketing and digital advertising platforms?
We are looking for a self-motivated, smart and deadline-oriented IT Development Data Scientist to join our team to implement solutions based on our clients advanced database platform and application stack.
Due to the company expanding fast, this is a great time to join the team and shape omni-channel communication with a young and dynamic group of people.
Although primarily a development role, it will require a high degree of customer interaction and the successful candidate will be a confident communicator who is able to interact with a range of stakeholders at all levels including Project Managers, Business Analysts and other Marketing and IT Professionals.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and maintain marketing database and digital advertising platforms employing and ‘Big Data’ databases (ANSI compliant in memory SQL MPP database) as well as MS SQL, MySQL to Set-up ETL processes utilising their extensive suite of data transformation tools
- Set-up automated processes to extract data via multiple interfaces (from simple SFTP file transfer to client specific APIs) from client’s operational platforms
- Integrate with real-time database platforms (CDPs and DMPs)
- Set-up and integrate third party marketing automation software tools including Adobe, Salesforce, Apteco etc)
- Set-up and integrate deployment channel platforms to facilitate promotional communications
- Design and develop KPI reports and dashboards using Excel and BI software tools
Education and Training:
- Training courses in any of the technology used
- Kognitio or ‘Big Data’ solutions
- SQL – MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle
- BI Tools – Qlik, Tableau
- Marketing Automation Platforms – Adobe Marketing Cloud, Saleforce Marketing Cloud, Apteco Marketing Suite, Kitewheel
- ESP platforms – Mapp, Adestra, Dot Mailer etc
- DSP & DMP
- General Identity Management and Data Management software tools
- Computer related degree or higher education course is also advantageous
- At least 7 years’ experience as a Data Scientist developing SQL databases and software applications preferably with Marketing application experience
- Proven track record of collaboration with multiple project stakeholders
- Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Working Hours – Monday to Friday, 9 – 5:30, 1 hour for lunch
- 25 days holiday
Your consultant on this role will be Joe Lyons
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.