Desktop Services Technician
Are you looking for a temporary IT role? We have the perfect opportunity for a Desktop Services Technician to provide 2nd line support for desktop and associated services, across multiple sites. The successful Desktop Services Technician will provide technical advice and guidance to internal staff and teams.
- Follow internal IT Service Management processes accurately and ensure all incidents and requests are logged in the ITSM platform
- Triage incoming second line requests via the ITSM platform adhering to KPI’s
- Provide second line IT support for company standard client hardware and operating systems
- Install and provide second line support for company standard productivity packages such as Microsoft Office, the Adobe Suite and other applications
- Provide second line support for audio visual equipment in offices and meeting rooms
- Provide technical advice and guidance to internal customers, 1st line support, other technical teams and Group operating companies as required
- Liaise with and co-ordinate third party vendors to ensure a seamless service is provided
- Experience working as a Desktop Services Technician or similar
- Experience managing Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience supporting a range of audio-visual solutions
- Proven experience supporting Windows 10, Apple OSX and Office 2013+
- Experience supporting mobile devices
- Experience using SCCM for device building
- Experience with hardware selection and procurement and exposure to CAD solutions
- Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft and CompTIA A+
- Good interpersonal skills with a helpful presence and friendly manner
- Creative problem solver
- A real desire to want to make a difference
If you require any further information please contact Joe Lyons on 01452 429908
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.