We are looking for a single candidate with at least 2 years’ experience of C/C++. Ideally on Windows (our primary platform). The work requires involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle in a supportive environment. We would expect them to be actively contributing throughout the initial prototyping and specification followed by design, implementation, testing and documentation.
Our Developers typically have a 2:2 or above in Computer Science or Engineering based degree plus knowledge or experience of some of the following:
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- A good communicator with the ability to fit well into a team.
- Clear, logical thinking and the creative ability to solve problems.
- Must have a desire to work as an applications developer.
- Experience of desktop applications development.
- Full commercial software lifecycle experience.
- Formal, structured programming experience.
- Experience of interactive, graphical applications.
- Data modelling experience and an understanding of complex data structures.
- Experience with QT toolkit.
- Electronics and circuit design.
Our relaxed, open plan office is based in Aztec West Business Park, North Bristol. It offers free parking in a modern office, close to the M4 and M5.
Additionally, we can offer the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays).
- Flexible Working Hours.
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme with PHI scheme.
- Training and Development.
The standard week is normally 37.5 hours over a five-day week exclusive of a 45 minute lunch break each day. The post is subject to the successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
If you require any further information please contact Joe Lyons
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.