Award winning team of software creators are looking for a hands-on DevOps Engineer who will lead the way for their DevOps environment. The successful candidate will be able to blend the best of design, development and operations teams and carry the burden of managing the DevOps lifecycle.
You will communicate effectively with multiple areas of the business, and be able to support the development team with on time delivery of CI/CD processes and releases.
Their varied technology stack is built in current frameworks including but not limited to React, Angular, .Net Core and NodeJS and databases running on MS SQL and CosmosDB. You will be responsible for builds, releases, service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and helping define all of this as immutable infrastructure-as-code across multiple clients and environments.
- Active participation in the Scrum Process and engagement with the Scrum Team to achieve goals
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Participate in Continuous Improvement program with the rest of the team
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes for new and existing services
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Build and deploy automation, monitoring, and analysis solutions
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Strong knowledge of configuration management tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Azure Devops
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
up to £45k dependent on experience
5% company pension contribution, with 4% contribution from employee
Death in Service Insurance
21 days holiday, 1 added for each year of service
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
For more information contact Sue Waters – email@example.com