Editorial Director (Education)
To £40k FTC
Our client is looking for a director to run their education and ELT division for a 13 month ftc. This exciting and varied roleis vital to the company in continuing to ensure continued growth as well as the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for their customers.
The role would suit a candidate with at least eight years’ publishing experience in the education sector, who is looking for an editorial director role with senior leadership responsibilities.
Senior leadership team
- Work as a member of the senior leadership team to set and achieve the company’s objectives.
- Provide weekly performance reports against the following key performance indicators: new orders against budget, billing against budget, projected annual sales, profit margin, freelance PM %, and customer feedback scores.
- Deliver frontline helpdesk support.
- Manage the division to deliver projects for a number of publishers; continuously extend the services; build and develop the divisional structure and roles to ensure that they remain fit for purpose in the face of significant year-on-year growth.
- Create and maintain an effective management information system; continously reviewing and developing.
- Create, document and roll out standard operating procedures for all functions in the division; oversee a review programme to ensure these remain up-to-date at all times.
- Set and adhere to annual budgets, including sales targets by account and for new business.
- Oversee divisional recruitment and resourcing; identify requirements, present the business case for these, manage the salaries budget, interview and make job offers.
- Drive efficiency, ensuring profitability improves year on year.
- Devise and deliver regular reports that project and track new orders and revenue.
- Manage freelance and in-house resource to ensure that resource meets demand across the division by projecting ahead and planning effectively.
- Line manage a team of senior project managers, supporting them in delivering against their account targets.
- Prepare an annual skills audit, identifying divisional training requirements based on skills gaps and role development; delivering these to budget.
- Deliver in-house training where required; identify the need for, and lead, staff performance improvement/support programmes where needed, including the provision of direct one-to-one coaching sessions.
Customers and suppliers
- Work with the head of business development and the managing director to identify and capitalise on new opportunities for growth; lead in building and managing new customer relationships.
- Grow existing customer accounts and ensure these are managed proactively through nurturing strong relationships, reporting regularly against customer KPIs, providing an effective point of escalation and extending the range of services supplied.
- Build and develop a freelance supplier network; maintain continous high-quality delivery and extend the range of services covered to meet requirements.
- Oversee the relationship with the in-house typesetting team; lead fortnightly meetings covering feedback, resourcing, pipeline and WIP.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
- At least eight years’ educational publishing experience, including line management.
- Demonstrable financial acumen.
- Aptitude for thinking strategically and creatively, as well as operationally.
- Proven ability to drive efficiency and profitability.
- Experience with management information systems and reporting dashboards.
- Sound track record in developing and documenting operational processes.
GB Marketing is your specialist in Marketing and Agency recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including PR, Ecommerce, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Creative Marketing and communications.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage marketing jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.