This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join an award professional services business in their expanding Financial Planning team, ranked highly in FT Adviser’s Top 100 Financial Advisers 2019, working as a Protection Adviser.
If you are looking for a change and want a challenge, great career opportunities, and an active social scene, then this could be the right career move for you. All team members have a part to play in the success of the wider firm and we are committed to offering a friendly working environment, where new ideas are encouraged and using your initiative is second nature. There is no limitation on progression. Upward movement is available to everyone with the right attitude, effort and application; advancement is certainly possible.
Protection Adviser responsibilities:
- Advising personal and business clients on all aspects of individual and business protection.
- Advising on Life Cover, Critical Illness, Private Health Insurance, Private Medical Insurance and group death in service.
- Experience in writing business reports and working towards a target.
- Talking to clients to determine their expenses, income, insurance coverage, financial objectives, tax status, or other information needed to develop a financial plan in a compliant manner.
- Reviewing client circumstances and plans on a regular basis to understand if life or economic changes, situational concerns, or financial performance necessitate changes in their plan.
- Collaborate with clients, partners and directors to build market initiatives and identify opportunities for business growth.
- Communicate and execute on agreed business objectives overseeing personal profitability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with both practice clients alongside externally generated prospects.
- Operating as the main point of contact and consulting on market trends, product advice and general financial planning across both the personal and corporate marketplaces.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Financial Planning
- Good knowledge of personal and business protection products
- Confident, determined, articulate, team orientated
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong customer service orientation and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude and ability to use own initiative
- A willingness to take on extra responsibility and tasks
- High degree of flexibility – able to manage numerous tasks simultaneously
Great benefits for everyone including:
- Flexi time and the option to purchase additional holiday
- Matched pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Referral bonus scheme
- Training programmes over and above professional qualifications
- Discounted gym memberships, lifestyle benefits plus health and wellbeing events
- Overnight and travel allowances
- Organised social events both part and fully funded
If you require any further information please contact Mike Goode on 07983 424535
GB Finance is your specialist in Accountancy and Financial Services recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance & Risk, Investment & Wealth and Accounting & Finance.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.