Front-End Developer – Mitcheldean
Generous salary available DOE
We are pleased to be working with a market leading company with more than 10 years’ experience in the automotive sector.
As part of their on-going growth, they are looking for a Front-End Developer to join their team, reporting into the Software Development Manager in their new offices in Mitcheldean.
Your role will require you to develop robust and reliable front-end solutions.
You will be developing intuitive interfaces to sound User Experience principles alongside team members, following specifications and user stories.
Will you be capable of providing estimates on effort and technical complexity of work to be assigned as required.
As the Front-End Developer you will champion new technologies and ensure interfaces are designed to work with both traditional and mobile devices seamlessly. You will enjoy taking ownership of assigned issues and (through team interaction) assist others as needed.
With an analytical mind, you will provide reports to the Software Development Manager as required.
- Design and develop software to defined specifications and User Stories
- Design and implement Unit Tests
- Provide estimates for work within tolerances and accurately report upon progress and blockers, including timely use of tools provided for backlog management.
- 1+ years developing software in a commercial environment
- Working with RESTful APIs
- Jasmine, Jest, Mocha, Chai or similar
- Unit Testing
- Version and revision control systems (Git ideally) and managing repositories
- 2+ years developing web interfaces, including mobile optimised GUIs
- AngularJS or Angular 2+ – minimum of 6 months working on a commercial product providing demonstrable knowledge of Angular/AngularJS
- Experience using CSS preprocessors, such as Sass, LESS, or PostCSS.
- Experience using front-end build tools, such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, or Rollup.
- Familiar with latest ECMAScript specifications (ES6/7/8/9).
- Responsive web design
- Familiar with TypeScript.
- User Experience Testing (understanding and appreciation of)
- Agile Methods including Scrums, working to sprints, Agile led MoSCoW Prioritisation
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services / Git
- XML/JSON knowledge
Benefits may include:
• 33 days per annum inclusive of the usual public and bank holidays
• An additional day off for your birthday
• Fun and friendly working environment
• Staff recognition schemes and annual awards
• 2% Employers Pension Contribution
• Opportunity to work from home on a Tuesday and Thursday at Managers discretion (upon successful completion of probationary period).
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.