Group Financial Controller
Highly Competitive Salary
A fabulous opportunity has arisen to join the Group Finance team of one of the UK’s up and coming AIM listed niche financial services businesses. The business was launched in 2014 and has enjoyed rapid growth, an enviable brand who have ambitious plans.
The Group has three other wholly owned subsidiaries providing independent financial advice to retail customers. They operate from a network of offices across central and South West England and anticipate the successful candidate to work primarily across the Cheltenham or Reading offices.
- Manage finance team of 4 (Two Qualified), commission payment team of 4 and HR Advisor
- Lead team in the production of monthly MI pack
- Cash / Bank management
- Approval for all supplier payments
- Manage outsourced payroll for c150 employees
- Review and management of staff benefits (pensions, PMI, Cars)
- VAT, PAYE & Corporate tax management
- Production of interim and final company and group accounts packs for external audit
- Liaison with auditors and tax advisers
- Oversight of group’s EMI share option scheme
- Preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts (P&L, cash flow and balance sheet)
- Risk and capital impairment management
- Ad hoc investigation and due diligence on potential acquisitions, change of control applications, presentations, etc.
- FCA reporting
- Qualified Accountant
- Self-motivated, energetic, flexible – a solutions person rather than a problems person
- Experience of operating within a regulated environment, especially the Financial Services industry, would be a strong advantage but is not essential
- Strong business partnering skills with an ability to work effectively as a part of a small management team
- Comfortable operating in a fast moving, straight talking, no nonsense environment where growth and change are the norm
- Experienced operator who can be relied upon by senior colleagues to provide support and business advice where needed
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards
- Good knowledge of Excel and strong modelling skills
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days holiday p.a. in addition to usual bank holidays
- Health cover: personal and spouse
- Death in Service cover at 4 x salary
- Pension 6% company contribution
- Eligible for participation in discretionary bonus scheme and for the award of performance related share options
If you require any further information please contact Mike Goode on 01452 429903
GB Finance is your specialist in Accountancy and Financial Services recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance & Risk, Investment & Wealth and Accounting & Finance.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.