Head of Risk and Compliance – Bristol/Gloucester/South West locations commutable
Salary – Extremely competitive with an excellent Bonus Fund
We are very pleased to be working on this spectacular role for a real high-flying company based in the county of Gloucestershire.
Our client is looking for a Head of Risk & Compliance to lead, manage and oversee the delivery of second line of defence Risk Management and Compliance Oversight activity.
You will be responsible for supporting the Chief Risk Officer and Divisional Director in enabling the company to take risks and protect itself from risks ensuring current and emerging risks is identified.
- Ensure risks are managed effectively
- Develop, maintain and implement an effective risk management framework for product management and service propositions, in line with regulatory requirements, including an ongoing programme of risk assessment activity
- Ensure an appropriate programme of risk-based compliance oversight activity is undertaken, through a combination of thematic reviews and analysis of management information
- Manage, support and direct the members of the Proposition Risk & Compliance Team
- Liaise with the Risk & Compliance functions across group entities in relation to proposition risk
- Chair of the Third-Party Product Risk Group
- Oversee the consolidation of risk and compliance related reporting for submission to the Board, Board Risk Committee, Executive Board and various Executive Committees
- Represent the Risk & Compliance function at other key proposition governance committees, as required
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience of first or second line risk & compliance oversight activity, preferably in an investment management/product & services development environment, in order to direct appropriate and proportionate risk and compliance activities
- Ability to influence at a senior executive level in an organisation, with particular enthusiasm for wealth management propositions
- Energy and tenacity to promote the role of second line assurance activity
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills for team leadership
- Ideally a minimum of two years’ line management experience
- A professional qualification in Enterprise Risk Management, Investment Management or Actuarial Science, or demonstrable practical experience to an equivalent level of competency is desired
You will certainly be rewarded in addition to an attractive salary and eligibility to participate in the discretionary annual bonus opportunities; you will receive an excellent benefit package including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance for you and family plus much more.
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.