Health & Safety Administrator – Gloucester
Salary up to £32,000 DOE
An excellent oppotuntity has arisen for an highly experienced Health & Safety Administrator to join a highly established, global company in Gloucester.
- Provide support to the Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) department to ensure compliance with all UK legal requirements together with HNE business case needs
- Maintain EH&S policy and strategy
- Co-ordinating Environmental input into the Pre-Construction and Construction phase management plans and procedures
- Development of Materials and Waste Management strategies for Gloucester Offices and other locations.
- Integrating and co-ordinating the EH&S activities of all disciplines, departments and other suppliers of engineering design contributing to the project
- Monitoring and reporting to relevant parties the Environmental performance
- Ensuring timely documentation for all necessary approvals (including any required from external authorities)
- Ensure EH&S best practice is embedded into management delivery
- Assist in the overall delivery of the project by the team
- Assist in staff development
- Contact with relevant professional institutions, academia and industry
- Maintain effective working relationships with the client and other organisations
- To ensure understanding and application of responsibilities with regard to the company’s environment, health, safety, security and quality standards
- A relevant certificate in Environmental or Health and Safety Discipline (i.e. NEBOSH Certificate) or equivalent
- Good time management skills including prioritising workload
- Good oral, written and presentational skills with a particular aptitude for report, documentation and letter writing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to ensure effective communication to all levels to both internal and external personnel
- Familiarity with standard office software including word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail, presentations and databases
- Previous experience in a Construction environment is desirable
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to hold UK Security Clearance
- A positive, open and ‘can do’ attitude.
- A willingness to continually improve performance and implement lessons learned.
- A commitment to work safely at all times.
- A keenness to work effectively with others towards common goals.
- Strong problem solving and decision making ability.
- Working towards Membership of an appropriate professional Environmental Institution (i.e. IEMA)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Eye Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Holiday entitlement starts at 25 days increasing by 1 day per annum up to a maximum of 28 days after 3 years plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible Benefits Scheme
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.