Global client is looking for an Internal Auditor to join their expanding audit team. The role be to perform financial, operational, and IT internal audit assignments under the direction of the Director – Internal Audit. The Internal Auditor will also work together with other members of the Internal Audit department in performing larger and more complex audits.
To be considered for the role of Internal Auditor you be an experienced Auditor or Financial Analyst, enjoy handling data and making good progress with your accountancy studies which we will continue to support. Travel is an essential part of the role of Internal Auditor and you will be expected to spend 20-30% of your time on business travel.
- Developing specific audit procedures to accomplish the objectives of the audit to determine whether assets are adequately safeguarded and whether policies, plans, and procedures are complied with and whether management reports are accurate.
- Performance of specific audit tests and thoroughly documenting work performed in the audit workpapers.
- Drawing conclusions based on the results of tests performed. – Arriving at feasible cost-effective solutions to problems encountered and making specific recommendations.
- Organising the audit workpapers in a manner conducive to developing a report on audit results, findings, and recommendations
- Holding preliminary discussions of the audit findings and results with operating personnel to verify facts and to ensure that everyone has a thorough understanding of the nature, source, and extent of the issue. Also, input and action plans of operating personnel are obtained.
- Preparing reports detailing the audit results, findings, and recommendations.
- Evaluating opportunities for improvement in operational efficiency cost effectiveness and internal controls.
- Determining compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assisting the external auditors as requested.
- Performing research to gain competence in areas, which are to be audited.
- Staying current on business trends and practices by reading business periodicals, becoming involved in professional associations and through continuing education.
- A degree in an appropriate field i.e. accounting, finance, business administration or operations management. o Ideally qualified or working towards accounting qualification.
- 2-3 years of financial/accounting experience or auditing experience
- Strong financial/business acumen and analytical focus essential.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal. Including experience in report writing and presentation of information to a diverse audience.
- Self-structured and organized with strong prioritization skills.
- Experience of IT audit would be advantageous.
- Strong computer skills across a range of programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ERP system experience (SAP advantageous).
- Analytics experience using CAATs packages or similar (ACL, IDEA, Alteryx, Knime, SQL) or visualisation tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik) would be advantageous.
- The Internal Auditor is expected to work towards a professional designation such as ACA, CIMA, CIA, or ACCA.