Our client is focused on customer engagement and would like an IT Engineer to join their team. The successful IT Engineer will play a part in helping empower the brand and strengthen the customer relationship. On top of this the appointed IT Engineer will project a can-do attitude by assisting and supporting the Head of IT whilst embracing and promoting new technologies within the company.
- Support all staff in the usage of the IT services
- Provide a helpful, pro-active, forward thinking and efficient IT service to all stakeholders
- Support departments in their hosting requirements
- Ensure optimal performance is delivered by desktop and server
- Respond and treat any active infrastructure monitors
- Field incoming help requests from end users via helpdesk, telephone and e-mail in a diplomatic and courteous manner
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop and server level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers
- Escalate problems (when required) to other, appropriately experienced, colleagues
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for the Head of IT
- Provide out of hours support when required
- Recognised IT qualifications
- A passion for IT
- Sound Microsoft Office skills
- Basic Linux experience
- Web hosting deployment experience
- Windows server (Active Directory) based operating systems including deployment, upgrading and maintenance
- Security systems and setup as relevant to firewalls and servers
- Apple Mac skills
- SQL server management skills would be an advantage
If you require any further information please contact Joe Lyons on 01452 429908
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.