IT Support Engineer
(part time – 20 to 25 hours per week)
Salary DoE – £20,000 – £28,000
Our client based in Cheltenham is looking for a part-time, IT Support Engineer, to join them on a permanent basis.
With an emphasis on providing high quality service and solutions to their clients across Gloucestershire, it’s important that good customer service is at the forefront of your mind in all that you do, from answering telephone calls, to performing backups.
Working for this company will provide the appointed IT Support Engineer with the expertise needed to excel in an IT Support role, whilst working for a friendly and professional support business.
This role is predominantly office based, with some travel to customer sites, therefore your own vehicle and full driving licence is essential.
- Manage the Helpdesk and telephone queue
- Progress and resolve client problems, escalating as required and keeping end users updated
- Perform checks for backups, missing security updates, producing monthly audit reports, etc
- Perform periodic system recovery tests
- Update client system documentation
- Liaise with other third-party providers
- Prepare computers and other equipment and deploy on client sites
- Assist with project work – new installations, migrations and upgrades
- Support all Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible and reliable
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Troubleshooting skills
- The ability to discuss complex technical issues in simple terms
- A good understanding of Microsoft Windows, and Office 365 packages
- Basic understanding of PC and laptop upgrades and repairs
Due to client requirements, the successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and this would be confirmed in a conditional offer letter.