IT Support Technician
£20,000 – £24,000 DoE
Our client is looking for an IT Support Technician to provide full network support across a portfolio of products. It is the IT Support Technicians’ responsibility to ensure customer faults are effectively addressed and resolved in order to exceed expectations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join a friendly and dynamic business in Stroud.
- Handle support calls and emails from varied customers ensuring customer SLA’s are met or exceeded
- Accurately log incidents, problems, moves, and additions onto the central ticket management system
- Effectively help manage calls to a conclusion, with a goal to delivering a “first time fix” where applicable
- Allocate calls and emails to the relevant team as effectively as possible ensuring that the detail recorded is clear and accurate and that the customer remains informed
- Provide support to the technical and support teams as required ensuring any network faults are addressed promptly and managed until a satisfactory resolution
- Provide full IT support for all company PC users ensuring that equipment on the network is kept up to date and in line with ISO regulations
- Configure router and network equipment as per the required specification ahead of despatch
- Develop relationships with customers to ensure the best customer service is delivered at all times
- Take part in an out of hours on-call rota
- Report to the management team on any improvements, change requirements, and innovation you believe will improve the quality management system
- Keep abreast of industry and technology developments
- Previous experience of working in a support environment
- Able to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot Windows Desktop and as a minimum, basic Windows Server related problems to a successful resolution
- General understanding of voice communication techniques, including VoIP and SIP
- Good understanding of LAN’s & WAN’s
- Ability to troubleshoot related problems using the software tools provided
- Understand mobile network related problems and network provisioning
- Interest in studying and obtaining vendor qualifications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Have a motivated approach to work
- Dynamic and flexible with a can-do attitude
- Enjoy being part of a team and be a real team player
For more information on this role, or similar roles, please contact Joe Lyons – 07840 044228
GB Tech are your specialists in IT recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Helpdesk and Support, Developers, Managers and Team Leaders, and Cyber Security.
We manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.