Project Editor – Gloucestershire
Our client is a publishing house which through the lockdown has shown exponential growth. They offer a comprehensive project management service for every kind of publishing project and are currently looking for project editors to come and work on their expanding list of educational titles. These exciting and varied roles will be vital to the education team in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our clients.
This is a permanent full-time position. It would suit candidates with some previous publishing experience, who are looking to take their next steps in the industry. Flexibility has always been one of the core benefits and applications for part-time working will be considered.
- To schedule and manage, with support, the editorial stages of publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To communicate effectively with publishing clients, providing regular project updates as well as participating in conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To assist the production manager and/or senior project manager as required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
Previous publishing experience, particularly a good working knowledge of editorial processes.
Degree-level education (publishing qualifications an advantage).
Knowledge of the UK and/or international education system and market would be useful.
GB Marketing is your specialist in Marketing and Agency recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including PR, Ecommerce, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Creative Marketing and communications.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage marketing jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.