Financial Controller (JO1013)
This global engineering business has a proud legacy of engineering excellence developed in Gloucestershire and recently became part of a PE backed global group.
They are now looking to expand their finance team by recruiting an Financial Controller to oversee the financial performance of 3 operating divisions across three UK sites, with a group head office in Gloucester.
Having experienced rapid recent growth this group is now aiming to break through the £100m turnover barrier.
The appointed Financial Controller must possess meticulous analytical skills, and exceptional management abilities.
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme, employee contribution: 5%, employer 7%
- Life Assurance x 3 salary, EAP programme, employee referral scheme
- Early finish on a Friday at either 1:00pm/ 1:30pm
- Develop and oversee the implementation of internal financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers
- Contribute to the company’s financial strategy and decision-making processes
- Analyse, prepare, and present monthly and quarterly financial budgeting, and forecasting reports to the board
- Lead end-to-end audit processes and act as a point of contact for external auditors
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements in the management of financial details
- Review financial reports to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Identify expansion opportunities and maximise profits through market trend analysis
- Propose solutions to identify risks and manage stakeholder expectations
- Lead teams responsible for accounting, payroll, VAT, and HMRC processes
- Oversee research into factors influencing business performance and report your findings
- Considerable, occupational experience in a Finance Manager or Financial Accountancy role
- Fully qualified Accountant with a qualification from ACA/ACCA/CIMA/IFA
- Exceptional technical accounting knowledge.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to interpret financial information
- Assertive analysis of market trends and competitors
- Extensive knowledge of financial regulations and legislation
- Ability to predict future trends, monitor cash flow, and maintain budgets
- Competency in using accounting and office software packages
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.