2nd Line Support (JO1027)
2nd Line Support
A leading IT hardware business is looking to recruit 2nd Line Support to provide on-site IT support, building and configuring client hardware/software to be used at client sites.
The 2nd Line Support Engineer will help manage, monitor, and maintain server and workstation platforms, ensuring all paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely manner.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established IT solutions business focusing on the end-to-end service they deliver to their clients. Having won major contracts with long-standing businesses, the company has significantly strengthened and broadened its customer delivery.
- Opportunity to buy/sell up to an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Insurance- 4 times annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to 24/7 GP helpline and online GP surgery
- Access to discounts from 1000s of retailers through PERKS
- Personal accident protection
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Voluntary critical illness cover for yourself and partner
- Provide onsite IT support at client sites
- Build and configure client hardware and software to be used at client sites
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets, and emails
- Manage own ticket queue and work schedule
- Manage, monitor, and maintain server and workstation monitoring platform
- Log support tickets for all issues flagged
- Raise hardware failures as critical P1 priority and raise outages as critical P1 priority
- Be a member of the Out Of Hours On-Call team on a rota basis
- Good knowledge of MS products, Office 365, SharePoint, firewall technologies, networking concepts
- Good working knowledge of IT hardware
- Excellent attention to detail, sound problem-solving skills, and analytical thinking
- Proven experience working in an IT support environment
- Full driving licence
All roles are offered subject to security screening, DBS Enhanced and PNC checks
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.