Accounts Payable Clerk (JO1048)
Accounts Payable Clerk
£24,000 – £27,000
Gloucester – Hybrid/ Remote working
Temp position – 6 months+
A leading manufacturing business has an opening for an Accounts Payable Clerk acting as the first point of contact for suppliers and colleagues across the globe.
The accounts payable team receives a high volume of queries from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, mainly by email, which need to be dealt with in a courteous and timely manner. On occasion, queries may need to be escalated to the correct team.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will perform support tasks and activities in the accounts payable function. This includes validating supplier invoices to system purchase orders to make sure suppliers are paid on time. You will perform a match between the supplier invoice and system-generated PO, ensuring that all approvals are given, and procedures are followed.
This position is offered temporarily, for around 6 months, but may become permanent.
What’s on offer:
- Flexible / Hybrid & remote working
- Life insurance
- Pension package
- Time off for charity work
- Learning & development opportunities
What you’ll be doing:
- Processing invoices owed by the company to suppliers or other organisations
- Verify purchase order details
- Maintain all invoice and other transaction records
- Work directly with vendors and locations on past-due balances
- Review and reconcile statements from vendors and keep the aging within the allowed vendor terms
- Handle query management and follow escalation procedures
- Related experience to the role
- Attention to detail
- Accurate and fast data entry
- Experience with computer software, in particular MS Excel
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.