Project Engineer (JO1054)
£30,000 – £40,000
Our client is a leading provider of specialised solutions. Delivering customised services and independent expertise to a wide array of industries, including prominent construction endeavors and diverse end-user organisations. Their distinctive approach hinges on fostering true collaboration and cooperation.
As an Infrastructure Project Engineer, you will be key to the technology department. The main objective of the Project Engineer is to support, and enhance, the customers infrastructure, so they can achieve their business goals.
- Option to buy/sell up to an additional 5 days holiday
- Healthcare cash plan
- Life assurance – 4x annual salary
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to 24/7 GP helpline & online GP surgery
- PERKS discounts
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Voluntary critical illness cover for yourself and partner
- Deliver technical projects according to project deliverables outlined by the Senior Consultant and sales team
- Take responsibility for post-project handover, progress project updates, and service improvement reviews for supporting stakeholders
- Update and maintain project documentation and knowledgebase to facilitate effective handovers to Service Desk or IT teams
- Provide support in resolving change management issues
- Collaborate with the sales team to facilitate new business and review customer infrastructures, identifying areas for improvement
- Ensure accurate and complete time recording for project work
- Stay informed about new and emerging technologies and their potential to enhance customer infrastructures
- Participate in the escalation point on call rota
- Perform any other duties specified by your line manager
- Experience working in an IT support environment or for a Managed Service Provider
- Exposure to Virtualisation technologies, including VMware, Hyper V, ESX, and VSAN environments
- Experience working on IT infrastructure projects involving planning, installation, and documentation
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server environments and Networking (HP, Cisco)
- Good working knowledge of Office 365 Admin and MS O365 Suite
- Good understanding of AD/AAD/DHCP/DNS/Group Policy
- Willingness to learn new skills in an ever-changing environment
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
We manage Tech jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, and Bristol.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We work to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.