£25,000 – £30,000
We’re recruiting for a Bid Manager to join our client in Cheltenham. The successful Bid Manager will be responsible for creating and overseeing proposals, in order to gain business contracts with other companies. As a Bid Manager you will ensure that bids are successful, and at a profitable price.
This is a stand-alone position, and the Bid Manager will undertake the entire bidding process.
Our client is dedicated to supporting initiatives that help find solutions to the problems are world face. It is important for our client to provide an exceptional service to all the businesses and clients it works with, and they do this by taking their time to truly make a difference.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to join a company who have a real passion for what they do.
For the most part, the work is office-based with typical office hours, however working from home is also possible. Hours may be longer just before a bid is to be submitted.
- Identify bidding opportunities that are relevant to the business
- Devise successful strategies for winning a bid, including pinpointing the unique selling points of the business, and knowing the company’s operating and profit margins
- Work with key members of the project team such as the Sales Director, Operations Director, Commercial Manager and the Managing Director to obtain information required to compile a bid
- Assess and address technical and commercial risks relating to the bid you are working on
- Negotiate with specialist suppliers and subcontractors
- Respond to customer and other stakeholders’ queries before, during and after the bid has been submitted
- Oversee the team during the bid process and make sure deadlines are met
- Industry related experience is required for the role, ideally both recycling and confidential destruction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) or equivalent is preferred
- A keen interest in the recycling industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Training skills and development opportunities
- Career progression
- Flexible working
- A challenging and rewarding industry to be part of
GB Commerce is your specialist in Commerce recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Procurement, Supply Chain, Contracts, Compliance and Property.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Stroud, The Forest of Dean, Tewkesbury and Worcester.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.