Our longstanding global client is looking for an Internal Auditor to join them on a full-time basis. The role of the Internal Auditor will be to perform financial, operational, and IT internal audit assignments under the direction of the Director. The Internal Auditor will also work together with other members of the Internal Audit department in performing larger and more complex audits.
To be considered for the role of Internal Auditor you will need to be motivated and hard-working.
- Conduct meetings and interviews with all levels of management and personnel
- Develop specific audit procedures to accomplish the objectives of the audit to determine whether assets are adequately safeguarded
- Perform specific audit tests and thoroughly document work performed in the audit workpapers
- Arrive at feasible, cost-effective solutions to problems encountered and make specific recommendations
- Organise the audit workpapers in a manner conducive to developing a report on audit results, findings, and recommendations
- Hold preliminary discussions of the audit findings and results with operating personnel to verify facts and to ensure that everyone has a thorough understanding
- Communicate effectively with the other audit team member(s) on progress/significant developments and respond to review notes
- Determine compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Assist the external auditors as requested
- Perform research to gain competence in areas which are to be audited by you
- A university degree
- Financial/accounting experience or auditing experience
- High level of accuracy is essential
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong computer skills across a range of programs
- Ability to work well with others
- Requirement to study for professional qualifications (CIMA, ACCA, IIA) fully supported
Based in Gloucester but will be required to undertake regular travel in Europe and the US (estimated 20% travel)
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.