Accountant – Italian speaking
Gloucester/Remote + occasional international travel
Our longstanding, global client, is looking for an Accountant to join them on a full-time basis.
The role of Accountant is varied, with a primary responsibility for the accounting and reporting for the Italian Engines businesses, including statutory reporting, group consolidation, taxation and reporting to head office.
The Accountant will also be responsible for providing financial support to the other companies in Italy that are under the remit.
To be considered for the role of Accountant you need to be fluent in Italian and English and have knowledge and experience of Italian tax, including monthly VAT and government returns and French statutory reporting.
- Prepare the drafted statutory annual financial statements for the Italian entities, together with the respective Italian Group Consolidation within the remit
- Maintain financial records for the Italian Engines businesses in accordance with Italian and US GAAP, tax, legal, and company requirements
- Manage the month end reporting according to the agreed timetable. This includes the preparation and posting of month end journals, the month end financial reports to the US and investigation of variances
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly VAT returns and other Italian periodic taxes, as well as preparing the government statistical returns and providing support for the preparation of the annual statutory and tax Returns for the Italian entities.
- Managing the intercompany process and reconcile balances at month end following standard group processes.
- Managing the year end external audit to include liaison with external auditors, provision of all back up information for the production of the annual statutory accounts and information for tax computations.
- Provide support to the internal EMEA Tax function and the Italian External Tax services provider for the preparation of both indirect and direct taxes
- Manage and respond on a timely basis to ad hoc requests and queries from Corporate Accounting.
- Technical Accounting Skills including Qualified Accountant (Italian qualification preferred, equivalent to CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- 3 years plus experience in a finance/accounting role with knowledge and experience of Italian tax, including monthly VAT and government returns and French statutory reporting.
- Relevant experience of SAP (preferred)
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP (preferred)
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to interpret complex problems and explain them concisely to others
Confident – can liaise effectively with all levels of staff
- Flexible regarding travel
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.