3rd Line Support
£26,000 – £30,000 DoE
A leading IT hardware business is looking to recruit a 3rd Line Support Engineer to deliver excellent tech focused support to clients and internal teams. The 3rd Line Support Engineer will take ownership and manage problems, major incidents, and coach junior staff.
The 3rd Line Support Engineer will have some involvement delivering project work, acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established IT solutions business, who focus on the end-to-end service they deliver to their clients. Having won major contracts with long-standing businesses, the company has significantly strengthened and broadened their customer delivery.
- Escalation support of technically challenging issues for colleagues and clients
- Take the technical lead on major incidents
- Train and transfer knowledge to internal teams
- Maintain the IT network for the business, ensuring any risks are highlighted or removed from the infrastructure
- Provide coaching on technical skills and processes to 1st and 2nd line employees
- Highlight and complete proactive maintenance for clients
- Document and run IT outage drills
- Manage the change process for pre-approve emergency and planned requests
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A confident communicator, with excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and great time management skills
- Flexibility to travel to customer locations when required
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server and associated infrastructures would be beneficial
- WAN, LAN, Security, SSL, IP Routing, Switching would be advantageous
- On-call allowance
- Healthcare plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking (at the office/locally)
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.