3rd Line Support
£35,000 + overtime + call out (pro rata)
A leading IT hardware business is looking to recruit a 3rd Line Support Engineer to deliver excellent tech-focused support to clients and internal teams. The 3rd Line Support Engineer will take ownership and manage problems, major incidents, and coach junior staff.
The 3rd Line Support Engineer will have some involvement in delivering project work, acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established IT solutions business, that focus on the end-to-end service they deliver to their clients.
- Escalation support of technically challenging issues for colleagues and clients
- Take the technical lead on major incidents
- Train and transfer knowledge to internal teams
- Maintain the IT network for the business, ensuring any risks are highlighted or removed from the infrastructure
- Provide coaching on technical skills and processes to 1st and 2nd line employees
- Highlight and complete proactive maintenance for clients
- Document and run IT outage drills
- Manage the change process for pre-approve emergency and planned requests
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A confident communicator, with excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and great time management skills
- Flexibility to travel to customer locations when required
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server and associated infrastructures would be beneficial
- WAN, LAN, Security, SSL, IP Routing, Switching would be advantageous
All roles are offered subject to security screening, DBS Enhanced and PNC checks
- Buy/sell up to an additional 5 days of holiday
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- PERKs discounts
- Personal accident protection
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Long Service Awards
- Voluntary critical illness cover for yourself and your partner
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.