Support Analyst – 2nd Line
£24,000 – £27,000 DoE
A leading IT hardware business is looking to recruit a 2nd Line Support Engineer to provide excellent customer service and resolutions to customers who log incidents in line with service level agreements. The 2nd Line Support Engineer will help manage the service desk team, carrying out detailed analysis of the business, team and individual performance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established IT solutions business, who focus on the end-to-end service they deliver to their clients. Having won major contracts with long-standing businesses, the company has significantly strengthened and broadened their customer delivery.
- Provide 2nd line support for incoming service requests, utilising the help desk ticketing system
- Contribute to procedure and policies within the IT department and maintain current procedures and policies
- Take ownership of support requests, ensuring they are resolved
- Provide mentoring for the 1st & other 2nd line support Engineers
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets and emails and provide first point of contact as well as escalations to all customers
- Correctly log and update tickets with the required information relating to support requests
- Manage and maintain the end point monitoring platform on a daily basis
- Log support tickets for all issues flagged, including 24/7 and daily checks
- Experience working in an IT support environment covering a number of different technical areas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least 1 formal IT qualification at entry level or above
- Comfortable working within a team or on own initiative
- Excellent working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Excellent working knowledge of windows 7/8/10
- Good working knowledge of major networking components, networking operating systems and basic configuration and maintenance
- Willing to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- Exchange server 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/365 implementation experience
- On-call allowance
- Healthcare plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking
GB Tech is your specialist in IT and Technology recruitment. We hire across a vast range of roles including Data & Insight, Engineering, Helpdesk & Support, Cyber, Java, C#, Python and Development.
Based off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, we manage IT jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.