Up to £30K
One of our key clients has just registered a new vacancy for a Credit Controller to join their established, solutions focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller to work with a business who pride themselves on the end-to-end service they deliver. Having won major contracts with long-standing businesses, the company has significantly strengthened and broadened their customer delivery programme.
As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective management of customer debts and ensure payments are received, incoming funds are processed, and customer accounts are reconciled.
The Credit Controller will also resolve any account queries or issues and take ownership of the credit management process. The ideal candidate will have excellent working customer relationship skills and be able to work to deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Pre-validate invoices and contact customers for overdue debts
- Reconciliation of customer accounts
- Instigation of legal collection processes where appropriate
- Prepare regular reporting, highlighting status of debtors
- Take part in regular debtor review meetings with key stakeholders
- Run credit checks on new customers and provide recommendations to the operations team
- Month end assessments and recommendations of doubtful debt provisions
- Write off bad debts following appropriate approval
- Review of payment terms and align between systems
- Post daily customer receipts into Simpro and Sage systems and maintain the cash book
- Process daily inter-account transfers between group bank accounts
- Reconcile bank accounts at least monthly including purchase ledger direct debit postings
- Investigate and allocate unallocated cash
- AAT part / fully qualified or qualified by experience
- Clear communicator
- Strong customer focus and influencing skills
- Display initiative with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Sage 50 / Sage 200, Simpro and Connectwise software
- Healthshield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking
Position offered subject to security screening, DBS and PNC checks
GB Finance are your specialists in Finance recruitment.
We hire across a vast range of roles including Banking, Insurance, Accounting and Investment and Wealth.
We manage Finance jobs in Gloucestershire and the Southwest including Bristol, Swindon, Cirencester, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales.
Specialists in permanent recruitment, we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. We are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.